July 27, 2010

Almond Joy Cookies

I'm not one to mess around with a good thing. And as far as I can tell, chocolate chip cookies are about as close to perfect as can be. So when I came across yet another recipe that meddled with the CCC I almost rolled my eyes and moved on. Almost. This time, I'm sure glad I didn't.

These cookies take the chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level by adding in almonds and coconut. The resulting cookie is chunky, chock full 'o stuff, and absolutely delicious. I used dark chocolate chips in this batch and they really did taste like Almond Joy bars. Yum.


Almond Joy Cookies

Adapted from here


1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups of flaked unsweetened coconut
1 cup chopped almond

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

In your stand mixer, combine the butter, sugars, and vanilla until smooth. One at a time, beat in the eggs.

In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.

Let dough cool in the fridge. When ready, drop by the spoonful onto a prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool on the pan before moving them to a wire rack.

No comments: