April 24, 2009

First Seder!

Passover was a while ago now... almost a month! But I still want to share the dinner I put together because I was incredibly proud of myself. I'm not Jewish but D is so I wanted to do something special for him since it was his first Passover away from his family. I was verrrrry happy with how everything came out!
First course... Matzoh Ball Soup!!! It was my first attempt at matzoh anything and while they were pretty oddly shaped, they were quite delish.




The Seder Plate. A little non-traditional, but not so bad :) Salt water, charoset, horseradish, lamb shank, egg, and spring greens.




View of the table. I even bought flowers! Please excuse the rest of the messy apartment. Its temporaryyyyy.




Dinner! I made a brisket with roasted asparagus and lemon rosemary potatoes with a cheesecake for dessert. You should have seen my oven... At one point I had the brisket, lamb bone, cheesecake, asparagus, and potatoes all in there at the same time. It was one busy kitchen appliance!



D thinks I'm crazy... but I'm already excited for next year's Seder!

No comments: